For all writers

For all writers

Monday, January 18, 2010

NEW YEAR-NEW FOCUS!

Happy New Year, everyone!
As you can tell by the title of this post, I have a new focus for this new year. Thanks to a study in Esther I've been doing with women friends of mine from our church. In the fifth chapter, we read about how Esther was invited to ask the King anything and he would give it, up to "half my kingdom"! What an invitation! I don't think I'd have any trouble ripping off a quick request but what did Esther do? Read for yourself and you will see that she invited the King and Haman (her arch enemy) to a banquet. Hmmm...Ok, let's eat. The King and Haman show up and Xerxes again asks her to make her request known to him. Esther responds by inviting the two to another banquet the very next evening! Ok, this is getting ridiculous, right? WRONG! Esther was learning to WAIT on the Lord; to wait on HIS timing-not hers. As a result, everything turned out perfectly. Big surprise, huh?

I took this very personally because, as many of you know, we have been literally at the mercy of the highway department for years now, as they decide when to move forward on a new East/West bypass project. They have already approached and bought out many of our surrounding neighbors but have not contacted us at all! The waiting has been awful; not knowing when they might show up, what they would appraise our property at, etc. After studying Esther and listening to Beth Moore break it down for us that night, it suddenly came to me. (Sorry, Lord!) We're not to wait on the "thing"...we're to wait on the LORD! Simple as that! Listen to this passage from Habbakuk 2:3 (NIV):
"The message I give you waits for the time I have appointed. It speaks about what is going to happen. And all of it will come true. It might take a while. But wait for it. You can be sure it will come. It will happen when I want it to." (emphasis mine).
Can't get any plainer than that!

You know, waiting on the "thing" zaps our energy and our strength. Waiting on the Lord renews our strength. Remember Isaiah 40:31?
"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

Can I repeat myself here? Can't get any plainer than that!

Friends, will you wait upon the Lord with me this year? He promises us our strength will be renewed and we will soar like eagles in the sky. I love it!

Father, we will be waiting on You, this year. We trust in You and not ourselves. Thank You for reminding us in Your Word that You will be faithful to us if we will be faithful to You. Amen.

I'll be "waiting" to hear from you,

Pam

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo true. We always try to 'fix things' ourselves and that's where the trouble begins...
    Thanks for sharing with me cousin, Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... Praise Jesus... Pam I didn't realize you were still blogging. Its been a while since I've visited. Now I'm here today March 13,2010 and what you wrote connects to the message I receieved for Eldon the other night. Amen... I'm so thankful for what our Lord is doing... I love you

    ReplyDelete