For all writers

For all writers

Monday, March 4, 2013

Yay! Yipeee! WooHoo! (Just picture me doing the "happy dance")

Contessa is done, finished, completed, edited, proofed, printed, bound and READY to read!

This has truly been a labor of love but now, I need to get it into your hands. I know I need to plan a book signing or two and maybe even a reading but the opportunity just hasn't presented itself yet. You know, you're right...I need to make that opportunity, don't I? Sounds easy but, trust me, it's not.

My heart hurts for those of us that love to write for others but just can't seem to get those 'others' to read what we've written. My writing partner and I both agree and believe that God has given us this little gift for probably many reasons; to bless others, to uplift or encourage, to entertain in a wholesome and healthy way and the list goes on and on. 

If you have already read "Contessa", then you know that Tessa is just a small part of the bigger picture - that being the salvation of a young man named Connor. I would imagine that most all authors desire their readers to be able to sit down, pick up their book and "get" the message they are trying to convey but, sadly, it doesn't always happen like that. I'm okay with that, I really am. You may just like the book cover because it reminds you of the trip you want to take to Africa one day. You may have read the story and identified with another character or situation. I'm okay with that too. In fact, when I put on Toto's "Four" album, the last song entitled, "Africa" just sweeps me away to the place that Connor and Contessa both end up - even though I never listened to that song until the book was already finished. Kinda crazy but that's the way those things work sometimes. 

I'll try to keep you posted on future book signings and so forth but for now, just know that I love you out there...the people that keep reading what I write and keep encouraging me to write more. I think most all of us like to read about people that are like us; human, flawed, and searching. It's that searching that works in our lives to make us stronger and maybe even more determined to get closer to God. Afterall, what or where would we be, really, without Him to guide us? To grant mercy and forgiveness when no one else will? And to allow us to grow into better human beings by learning from our mistakes?

I just wanted to take a minute to say "thank you" for believing in me and my stories and for the kind and encouraging words you say. I have only just begun this journey but I can NOT wait to see where He's gonna take me!
Love and blessings to you all,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment