For all writers

For all writers

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Can you weigh in?

Hey Gang! 
I think Spring has sprung (at least I hope so!). The grass is lush and green and Mrs. Robin has already raised one bunch of kids and may be preparing for another brood soon.

Spring isn't the only thing that has me excited right now. I've just finished a new romance called, "City Girl". It's about a (you guessed it) gal from the city named Dani, running away from her past in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This girl has some big problems and they only seem to get bigger as she makes an unscheduled stop in Starlight, Texas and runs headlong into a country boy named Beau Blackwell. It's not pretty at first and a battle ensues.

I'm not gonna tell you anymore because...I want you to read it! 

At present, I need an idea for the book cover before it goes to publication. Here's the dilemma - I think I know what I want on the cover: a picture of a bunch of cowboy or dirty work boots with a high heel stuck somewhere in between them, all sitting on an old porch step. Problem is, I can't find anything like that and believe me, I've been searching. My writing partner says I should just compose a picture like it and use that but I was going to try one more thing first. 

If anyone out there in "blogger land" has a picture similar to what I've described or knows where I might find it, please give me a shout. I'm also in process of offering it as an e-book as well so I want the cover completed before I make any more commitments. I would really like to have it all completed BEFORE I hand it over and not let someone else decide on a picture for the cover so...if you have any great pics like I mentioned OR you know where I might procure one, I would be grateful indeed.

Okay, okay. Stop whining and I'll give you a little taste. ;-)

“What in the world was that all about?”
            He closed his eyes in disgust as he took a deep breath in. “I’m sorry. I forgot she’d be workin’ tonight.” He fidgeted with his hat for a minute. “Jody and I…we used to…uh…”
            Dani held up her hand to stop him. “I’m sorry. You don’t owe me an explanation.”
            “No, it just caught me a little off guard, that’s all. We go back a long way but all that’s over with now. She’s on to greener pastures.”
“You talk like she’s a cow or something.” She grinned. “Forget I even asked. Tell me something. What’s up with the black cowboy hat?”
            Puzzled, he looked at the hat he held in his hand. “What do you mean?”
            “I thought the good guys always wore white hats.”
            “What makes you think I’m a good guy?” His eyes twinkled.
                                                                      ~     ~     ~

Interested? Oh good. Well, let's find this picture and maybe you can find out what happens next.
'Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment