For all writers

For all writers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

IT'S NOT ABOUT ME!


Whenever I see this painting ( I believe it's entitled, "Grace" or "Gratitude", I can't remember which), I am reminded that it really isn't all about me and I have to tiptoe back to the Father's throne of grace and confess that to Him (like He doesn't know!)
Last week was Fight Week for the Longs! Attack, attack and more attack. I was feeling the pressure by Thursday and, through a series of events that played out like a bad dream, I just popped my top! Ever just feel like that little bitty "straw" just broke your back? Well, it did mine and I'm not proud of it but I have to tell you honestly that I just lost my composure - I mean the whole bit! Crying, sobbing, anger one minute and desperation the next. It was ugly, people! u-g-l-y! I have a dear friend who just happened to call me in the middle of all that calamity and she was bound and determined to make things better. Ever have one of those friends that won't go away until something changes? Well, that's her! She came over, prayed with me and we talked forever. I did feel somewhat better but I was still upset because the situation hadn't changed.
And you know what? It still hasn't but today, I am resting in Him. Oh, I know that sounds really cool and all spiritual and stuff but I am. I found myself even singing "Standing on the Promises" yesterday. Remember that one?
"Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
through eternal ages let His praises ring,
glory in the highest I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.
Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
when the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
by the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.
Standing, standing, standing on the promises of Christ my Savior,
Standing, standing, I'm standing on the promises of God."
WooHoo! Yeah, baby! The 'howling storms of doubt and fear' were really 'assail'-ing but it only takes a few minutes to realize the same things we remind each other of every single day. God is STILL in control (thank you, Lord) and His plan is far and above anything that I could ever work out for myself. So if those storms start howling again tomorrow, you'd better believe I'm gonna sing at the top of my lungs and STAND on the promises of God!
How about it? Are ya with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment