For all writers

For all writers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Just in case...


I entitled this post "Just in Case" because I have begun to have the book I wrote about Hunter available and some people don't know his story. If you can tear your eyes away from that precious boy's face, let me tell you just a little bit about it all.
Hunter died on September 26, 2004, just days short of his fourth birthday. He was a "rounder" and was rarely ever still long enough for me to snap a picture of him. He loved the outdoors and running and playing (note the red cheeks in the picture!). He always had time to play but never to memorize Bible verses (imagine that!). The very day he died was a Sunday and on the ride home from church, Hunter surprised his mommy and daddy buy quoting Proverbs 3:5. In "Hunter-speak" (he had a problem with his L's), this is what he told them. "Yisten, Daddy. Trust in the Yord wiff all your heart!" Chris said he almost had a wreck, he was so surprised! Little did we know that, later that afternoon, we would be reminding each other of that precious scripture!
Many of you know that God has lead me, as a "healed helper", to walk with others on their journey of grief through a support group called GriefShare at my church, Fellowship Bible. It is my humble prayer that, through this book, others will not only read about my journey of grief but will be encouraged to find that strength in their times of need that only Christ can provide.
I always tell people, "I certainly don't have all the answers, but I know the One who does!"
This Friday and Saturday, I will be at the Clarion Inn in Bentonville at the Author's Showcase there, selling books and talking to people. It is such a blessing to see and meet people and talk to them about the Lord. Hunter's book gives me the opportunity to do just that. I hope you can drop by and give me a hug!
Blessings,
Pam (Hunter's "Grammy")

No comments:

Post a Comment