For all writers

For all writers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Merry Month of May!


I know May is the month for Mother's Day and I should probably have something a little more condusive to that on the blog but I just couldn't resist when I saw this little guy! April showers DO bring May flowers, you know and flowers attract bees! I have a nearby neighbor that raises bees and sells the raw honey so I see them often as they make several visits a day to my yard and my flowers. They work so hard for no pay and no recognition! I just can't help but think that maybe I should be more like a bee in my relationship with Christ; work hard, use my time wisely and realize that it's not all about ME!
Not a popular concept, I know but it's one Jesus himself tried to familarize us with while He walked on this earth.
Item #1: Work hard. The disciples got that one! 2 Thessalonians 3:8 "nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you."
2 Thessalonians 3:10 "For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."
In the days before government healthcare and welfare programs, people knew that an honest days' work afforded you an honest days' wage. (Don't EVEN get me started on assistance programs!) I know there are people that can't work because of disabilities or age. Whatever happened to each family taking care of their own? Just a question.
Item #2: Use my time wisely. Revelation 12:12 "Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short."
I have to continually remind myself that 'no one knows the day or hour' that our Lord will return and I am reminded to "make hay while the sun shines" (an old adage my grandma used to use often!). We wake up, we go through our day, we come home, we eat, we go to bed and sleep. Next morning, we wake up again...yada, yada, yada. Things become so routine that we forget that we just might NOT wake up one morning or this day might be the one that's anything but routine!
Item #3: It's not all about me! 1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." and Revelation 4:11"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being."
As sons and daughters of the Most High God, we should be realizing that our lives on this earth (however short) are to be lived in relationship with Christ and to point others to that relationship as well. Whether you realize it or not, my friends, people ARE watching you. "You are the only Bible some folks will ever read!" (another zinger from Grandma!). I know we will make mistakes and stumble; we are not perfect. But we've got to start live "like we were dying" (thanks, Tim) and realize that this very day may be the day that we will do or say something that will point someone else to Jesus.
That reminds me of the precious young man that is, as you read this, walking all over the United States, carrying a cross. He's making a statement of, not only his faith in Christ, but his willingness to visit others and share his faith with them so that they might be saved and spend eternity with the Father. Pretty powerful, if you ask me!
Well, there is May! (ha-ha!) Not very much about Mothers and I apologize for that but...as much as we all love and appreciate our moms, it is time we give at least a little thought about "seizing the day", "pressing on towards the mark" and living for HIM like there was no tomorrow!
Standing with you,
Pam

1 comment:

  1. This was a pleasure to read! Thanks for "using your time wisely" and giving us all something to get headed into May on an awesome foot! *Hugs* to you.

    ReplyDelete